Juggling Life with Joy!

Juggling Life with Joy!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family and change

Since daddy died we have already had to experience some of our "first" things without him. We had to have his "first" birthday and Fourth of July celebrations without him. In honor of his birthday Kaitlyn made a cake. She cried while making it. There was one special thing that Kaitlyn and her grangran always did... They loved to bake together. After we sung Happy Birthday we tried to be happy and eat, but we became very teary. We made it through, but it was different. In fact, pretty much there is not a day that something reminds me of my daddy. Even up here in Salem,VA there are so many places that we went that remind me of a funny time with him.

Not long after we had daddy's funeral mom was informed that she was going to be transferred...IMMEDIATELY! It actually was a good thing. Mom and dad worked together and I know that it was going to be hard for her to continue to be at her facility without him. They were living in the Outer Banks, and I know she was going to be lonely. She asked to transfer to a building that became open while daddy was in the hospital. They gave her a building in Thomasville, NC.(Mom is a director for an assisted living center.) So now instead of 7 hours away she is only 2 hours! What a blessing and we know it was a total God thing that this happened. It also puts her less than 10 minutes away from her sister Amy and her mom. And maybe 29 minutes away from her sister Beth! We are all so excited! Now if only we can get Aunt Susan closer!
There have been so many changes here recently. Sometimes change can be so hard. But one thing has remained the same: God has always been there with us.
This past week we also had to say goodbye to my grandfather "Buddy." He was my dad's father. He was also diagnosed with the same cancer as my father, but it was in his stomach. My dad's was in his small intestine. He died on July 5th and was only 4 days away from his birthday. Our family has had to endure so much here lately. Please keep my grandmother in your prayers. I am thankful that "Buddy " is not suffering anymore and he is reunited with his son in heaven. I was able to tell him how much I loved him and to tell daddy we said hello and we love him and miss him!

This is a picture of my grandparents.
AKA: Nana and Grangran

No comments: