Juggling Life with Joy!

Juggling Life with Joy!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Updates, Updates...

Well I am still here at the Outer Banks spending time with my parents. So far, everything has been wonderful. We do miss Hilton not being here, but soon he will be joining us and we can't wait!!!!!!!
Anyway, just to let everyone know, dad has finished his 2nd round of chemo...only 6 more to go!!!!! This round was a little more harsh on his body. He has been weak and nauseated. He is also very sensitive to cold water, cold drinks, etc. He says it feels like he is being electrocuted if he washes his hands in cold water. It was also sad to see that he can't have ice cream right now. Last month that was his only "cold" thing he could have, and we have been going to Sonic every night to get their Sonic Blast. Hopefully soon though he will be able to withstand it again.

On another note, I have really enjoyed cooking and cleaning and running errands for my parents. We also joined the Y here at the Outer Banks to take advantage of the water park there. Don't worry we only joined for a month! lol! Didn't want any of you back in Salem to worry if I was taking up pemanent residence here. We joined because the jelly fish have been horrible...They have taken over the beach!!! Hopefully, soon they will go away, but the kids were not getting in the ocean..so we go to the water park and play.


I don't have my regular computer so I can't post pics right now, but believe me, I am taking lots and will share as soon as I get my computer back!

Hope you all are having a wonderful summer!

No comments: